Did you know that the largest organ in the human body is your skin? The first PPE and line of defense for protecting yourself from COVID-19 is washing your hands. Soap and water are effective in breaking down COVID-19 on skin so that it’s unable to replicate.
Wash your hands frequently…
- After every trip to the bathroom
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Before eating
- After being in contact with someone who may be sick
- If you have touched anything that may have been touched by others
- If it has been a while since you last washed your hands
Wash your hands thoroughly with hot soapy water for a minimum of twenty seconds.
This means washing:
- Your palms
- Under your nails
- Whole surface of your hands